Monday, March 30, 2009

Use of English, part 4

Complete the second sentence so that it hás a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between three and eight words, including the word given.


‘My trainer’s foreign accent makes it hard to follow what he says’, Sue said.

which

Sue explained to me that it __________ it hard to follow what he said.


I wonder what happened to Hans; he’s normally on time for an important meeting.

unlike

I wonder what’s happened to Hans; it’s most __________ for an important meeting.


For me, his skill as a negotiator was most impressive.

how

I was most __________ negotiator he was.

9 comments:

Sol said...

Let me try:

1. is her trainer's foreign accent which made

2. I really don't know... Isn't the word "unlikely"?

3. impressed on how a good (?)

Well, it was just a try... LOL

Fatima Guedes said...

I agree with Sol about 1 and 2, but for 3 I thought about "impressed by how a good"

See you guys...

Sol said...

Oh yeah, you're right, Fatima!

Levi Ramos said...

But what about number two, folks?
Keep on trying! That is worth one more medal! LOL

Junior Torres said...

Hi, girls!

Well, in number 2, the word is really unlike; for the rest of the exercise, you haven’t got there yet, but keep on trying!

Cheers

Sol said...

I don't give up (LOL):
1. is her trainer's foreign accent which makes
2. unlike him to be late
3. impressed by how good a

Junior Torres said...

And you shouldn't! ;)

Sentence 1: just a tiny detail to fix...

Sentence 2: bingo!

Sentence 3: keep an eye on collocation.

Almost there!
=)

Cheers

Sol said...

There I go aga-ain!!! :D

1. was her trainer's foreign accent which made
2. unlike him to be late
3. impressed by how skilled a

I know I'm annoying, but now it's a matter of honor! LOL

Junior Torres said...

Perfect!
We’ve got to persevere if we are to succeed in CPE! ;)

I cannot explain why, but I think this part is somewhat unfair...

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Cheers