Sunday, February 12, 2012



Let the ride begin!

1st class! I feel happy, anxious and motivated! :)”

By quoting Renata Cardoso ,who is just like you, cpe-holders-to-be I deliver my fisrt post, a short but punchy one ;). Coincidences apart, I feel just like her: Happy , anxious and motivated.

I was more than thrilled when Levi Ramos, who for sure kindled a spark of interest within me when it comes to teaching English, invited me to be a contributor in this blog. ( I was his student once during a Teacher Training course ).

Now, are my posts going to be read? How can I make them sound interesting, relevant and fruitful, not tedious nor unappealing? This apprehension about future uncertainties is also growing inside.

This one thing I’m sure of: I have an inner drive whenever I take up something new. We all do, actually. We’re curious by nature! But how am I going to sustain this effort and blog ultil December 2012? I just don’t know! And I’m eager to find out!

All in all, I genuinely believe one “cannot not feel excited” when joining a new learning experience. It’s up to you ,however, finding your learning style and best schedule in order to keep engaged and nor stray from your main goal: Pass CPE.

“It’s a helluva roller-coaster ride. The ups and downs will make you scream sometimes, it’s hard believing when the thrill is gone, but you gotta go and ride again , hold on!” Adapted from J. Bon Jovi’s song “Lie to me”.

Best of luck! You’re in awesome hands!

Luiz Agrizi.

Nooooooooooooo… it’s not over. Thinking of Paper 3, part 5 ( use of English – summary , right? Lol ) An easy task to start your engines:

Find in the text : 1.

a. A phrase which would be a synonym to “ extremely happy”

b. A possible definition for anxiety

c. Intrinsic motivational energy

First correct answer gets 15 medals ( 5 each )

2. how about brainstorming all possible derivations for the words "happy" ," anxious" and "motivated". Some fo them are already in the text. 1 medal for each word.

7 comments:

Diogo Kubrusly said...

Many thanks for your message Luiz!
So... here I go!

1 a)more than thrilled
b)apprehension
c)inner drive

2 "happy" --> happiness; happily; unhappy
"anxious" --> anxiety; anxiously; anxiousness
"motivated" --> motivation; motivational; motivationally; unmotivated

That was what came to my mind so far.

Regards.

Ana Araujo said...

Dear Luiz,

Thanks for joining us in this crazy roller-coaster. We always appreciate someone holding our hands along the ride. hehe

Well, I guess Diogo did a good job regarding the activity.

:)

Cheers!

Levi Ramos said...

Ana & Diogo, you have both entered the hall of medalists on the path to win The Angela Dias Trophy. Luiz Agrizi will let you know how many medals each of you will be awarded with! So, what say you, Luiz?

In the meantime, this challenge remains. Therefore, everyone else should keep on Blogging!

Luiz Agrizi said...

Hello, guys!
So thrilled to see your comments!

DIogo,
you got 15 medals for the first section .
Even though I expected you to say "apprehension about future uncertainties", for letter b, I didn't ask for a complete or full definition, right? lol !

now, in section you got 10 medals. attaboy!

Plus 1 medal for replying, total 26 !

Ana, you got one medal for you lovely comment on both my text and diogos performance. is that right , Levi?

Hey guys,
can you think of words diogo hasn't mentioned?

2 extra words for "happy"
and three extra words for "motivated "

5 medals still up for grabs!

Cheers,
Luiz

Diogo Kubrusly said...

Thank you guys!
I'll give some thought to "new" words and if any of them pop to my head I'll be back in order to post them.
See you!

Levi Ramos said...

The boss has spoken!!! Congratulations, Diogo and Ana!

Keep on Blogging for the remaining challenges, everyone!!

Luiz Agrizi said...

going once... going twice...