Thursday, March 22, 2012

Saying of the day + Homophones


Wow, what a crazy month !

The start of my post-grad studies were put off until August for they have not reached a minimun number of regstrations. So, I thought: " I can't just sit idle on Fridays this term! What am I going to do? So, I decided to apply for CELTA! Too much work , but I'm enjoying it! Better this way. I always prefer to keep myself busy because The devil finds work for idle hands.

Having said that...

1 - What is the corresponding idiom in Portuguese? ( 5 medals )

2 - Type a situation after which you would say this idiom. It could have happened to you... or a friend/ family member. You can just make a situation up if you would like... (15 medals )

By the way... Are you guys watching this season of American Idol? DO you have a favourite?
Mine are Jessica Sanchez and Colton Dixon.


Oh, I almost forgot...

3 - Find the homophones. ( 2 medals )

Cheers,
Luiz

6 comments:

Levi Ramos said...

Great post, Luiz!!!

What are you waiting for, folks?

Keep on blogging!!!

Luiz Agrizi said...

Are you serious, guys?!!!!?!?!

You mean... no comments?!?!?!?
Is that for real!?!?!?!?

Ana Araujo said...

Haha.. All right, I'll be the first to try, then! Sorry for that, Luiz.. I don't know what happened to us this past week..

Well, this idiom is used in Portuguese as "Mente vazia, oficina do diabo", right? (I believe there might be some variations to that, though)

e.g.: My sister hasn't been working for a year now and I'm starting to worry about her, you know, the devil finds work for idle hands.


PS: Great news that you've applied for CELTA.
:) That's my plan after getting through CPE.. Keep us posted about that!

Angela said...

Luiz,

Taking the CELTA course is a great idea!

As for American Idol, I guess Jessica Sanchez is the one!

Luiz Agrizi said...

20 medals for Ana Araujo!!!!!

add those to Ana's satchel. please. Levi!


Angela, Jassica Sanchez is possessed on stage!

I'm also cheering on Colton!
btw, I miss you like the deserts miss the rain!

Angela said...

Miss you loads too, sweetie!