Sunday, February 21, 2010

More colloquial expressions!

A) The burglars were caught the act breaking into the house by a passing police patrol car.

B) If I were you I'd the music and admit to taking his pen.

C) The striker has been in trouble with the referee several times so far and needs to his nose clean or he'll be sent off.

Complete each of the empty spaces with one (different) word so as to complete the meaning of those three colloquial expressions. Then, explain their meaning! One medal for the first to come up with all the correct answers!

2 comments:

Ana Beatriz said...

Well, no one answered, so here I am again...

A)in
B)face
C)keep

to catch sombebody in the act means to see somebody doing something, usually something wrong, at the exact moment they're doing it.

I'm not sure, but I guess 'face the music' means to accept the consequence of your actions, to accept responsibility for something you have done

To keep your nose clean probably means to stay out of trouble, to avoid problems.

right?

Levi Ramos said...

Bull's eye!
Have I spotted a winner already??!!