Saturday, February 27, 2010

One last challenge before March!

A) We're used to working to a tight and have never missed a deadline yet.

B) Apparently, the company have got problems the horizon but they aren't taking steps to deal wiith them.

C) I've been told that my number at Mateways is being paid twice as much as me.

Complete each of the empty spaces with one (different) word so as to complete the meaning of those three colloquial expressions. Then, explain their meaning! One medal for the first to come up with all the correct answers!

5 comments:

Levi Ramos said...

Dear BLOGGERS,

I won't be posting challenges for a while now and will be expecting you to come up with any challenges or posts that will stimulate any form of language practice.

All creative contributors will be awarded medals. Relevant comments on the posts will also be considered for the same merit.

Keep on blogging!

Ana Beatriz said...

Hi!
a) schedule (if the schedule is tight it means they have no time to spare)
b)on (if there are problems on the horizon it means they will appear soon)
c)opposite (my opposite number is my counterpart, somebody holding an equivalent position in another company)

am I right?

Angela said...

Hey, Levi and Madureira CPE class!

I think that continuing the 2009 blog in 2010 is a great idea. My new CPE class and I have decided to continue the 2009 blog too.

All the best!
Angela
XXX

Ana Beatriz said...

Can I just make a comment? I can't help it, though I was trying really hard to. it's about the hall of medalists... I hate to be called Ana B. Call me Ana Beatriz, Beatriz or just Bia.

kisses. and sorry for the comment.

Levi Ramos said...

One answer fits all:

- Bia, I deeply apologize for the inconvenience. BTW, you got a new medal!

- Angela, you're simply the best!

Keep on blogging, y'all!