Thursday, September 16, 2010

New challenge: GAPPED SENTENCES

1. The situation was already bad but your interference has made it worse _______ .
I feel a bit guilty about what happened; _______ there's nothing I could have done to prevent it so I know I shouldn't feel bad.
I haven't officially signed any agreement so I can _________change my mind if I want to.


2. She'd been feeling a bit low but hearing that she got the job gave her a ________.
The Government is going to _________ the restrictions on water usage now that the river levels are normal.
I used to ________ whole passages from books when I was at school and nobody noticed it.

3. The car skidded on the ice and_________ into a tree at the side of the road.
The football ________ the glass in the window into a thousand pieces.
The managing director ________ his fist down on the table in anger at the committee's decision.

4. After the concert, all the equipment was __________ away and transported in a convoy of lorries to the next venue.
George __________ in his job and went travelling around the world for a year.
The club was ________ absolutely and there was no room at all on the dance floor.

5. I was sitting at the next table to them so I couldn't __________ overhearing their conversation.
My financial situation is pretty bad anyway, so this unexpected bill doesn't exactly ______________.
I wish you wouldn't __________ yourself to my CDs without asking me first.

6. They _____________ to lose a lot of money if they are forced to close down their business.
He has treated me very badly for a long time and I think that the time has now come for me to ____________ up to him.
Wendy is extremely selfish and she can't ____________ it when she doesn't get her own way.




Cheers,

Bia

10 comments:

Ana Beatriz said...

Isn't anybody going to give it a try?
Come on, guys! Let's make our dear teacher happy!

cheers,

Bia

Levi Ramos said...

:(

Levi Ramos said...

Come on guys! Give it a try!

Levi Ramos said...

Here's a challenge that has remained unanswered since last year!!!

I am offering a reward worth 7 medals to the first contributor to come up with the right answers! Bia, this is your cue to get in!!!

Ana Beatriz said...

ok, dear Levi. Let's hope someone answers this time....

Cheers,

Bia

Iasmin Marinho said...

1- still
2- lift
3- smashed
4- packed
5- help
6- stand

Let's see if I'll get some medals here! =]

Levi Ramos said...

What say you, Bia?

Diogo Kubrusly said...

1. still
2. lift
3. smashed
4. packed
5. help
6. stand

I guess...

Ana Beatriz said...

Congratulations, Diogo and Yasmin!
Your answers are correct.

You guys really deserve medals!

Cheers,

Ana Beatriz

Levi Ramos said...

OK! Fair is fair!!

Iasmin => 7 medals for being the first to come up with the correct answers.

Diogo => 5 medals for being the runner-up!!

Keep on blogging everyone!!!